Thursday 24 December 2015

RELEASE TOUR!!! Fate's Encore ~ By JJ & TA Ellis

FATE'S ENCORE
AUTHORS: JJ & TA Ellis
GENRE: Romance – Baby Boomer/Mature Couple
EDITOR: GimmeLots Publications Cover Designer: JJ Ellis 
CONTENT WARNING: Strong Sexual Content, Reproductive Triggers, War and Combat Triggers, Death Triggers.
Jackson and Francesca, Cole and Evelyn: two baby boomer couples who have overcome their own personal hell to forge vibrant, lasting marriages 
When Francesca and Cole pass away within six months of each other, Jackson and Evelyn continue the pen pal relationship the two women started some 52 years prior. 
And with each bit of correspondence they find their hearts healing. Together, can they create a new and lasting bond?
MARCH 2013
Evelyn’s day was a busy one and now she was ready to sit down, kick her feet up, and call Fran and Jack. If the last time they talked a week ago was any indication, their weekly phone conversations would soon end. After six rings, the phone was finally picked up.
“Hello,” Fran breathed.
“Hey sweetie. I just wanted to let you know I love you.”
“Love you too,” she managed to get out before pausing, trying to catch her breath. “Evie, Jack’s in the bathroom so I have to make this quick.”
“Okay sweetie.” What could Fran need to hide from her husband?
“I need you to watch over Jack for me when I’m gone. Help him with his grief.”
“Of course. You don’t even need to ask.”
“You just went through it, so I figured…”
“I know, sweetie.”
“You’re the only one I can ask. You’re so much like your twin, and Ethan is one of the few people my dear husband trusts.”
“He’ll be just fine. We’ll make sure of it!”
“Promise me,” Fran choked out through tears.
“I promise!”
“Thank you. I love you, Evie. Here’s Jack.”
She could hear her friend’s labored breathing. “Love you too, Fran.”
A moment later, Jack came on the line. “Hey Evelyn.”
“Hi Jack. She’s not doing well, is she?”
“No. It’s close,” he murmured.
“How are you doing?” She heard a sigh and some deep breathing before he answered. 
“I’m fine. Right now I’m just trying to be strong for her.”
“You’re a good man, Jack.”
“No,” he insisted. “I’m just a man who loves his wife. I hate this but she’ll be going into the hospital Monday. We can’t do it here anymore.”
“I’m sorry.” Evelyn felt like someone had just reached out and torn her heart right from her chest for the second time in just under six months.
Jack cleared his throat loudly. “Enough about me. How did the grand re-opening of Movie and a Pizza Place go? I bet you’re relieved that renovations are complete.”
“Everything is perfect. Cole would be so proud of his business. But I think I’m about ready to retire.”
“Retire? You’re too young to retire.”
Evelyn laughed. “You sure know how to flatter a girl. But I’m just tired. I want to have some fun.”
“I don’t blame you there!” He suddenly heard Evelyn screech and her sons laughing in the background. 
“Boy, you do that again and I’ll scratch your eyes out.”
Jack laughed at the goings on at his friend’s house. It made him miss his oldest son Ethan, who was away in the Navy.
“I’m sorry Jack. My boys are acting like ten-year-old children.”
“That’s okay,” he chuckled. “There for a minute I thought there was a wild kitty cat loose at your house.”
“Yeah, sorry about that screech”
“No worries here. It’s good to hear you happy again.”
“I’m getting there, Jack. I truly am. Could you give Fran a hug and a kiss for me?”
“I will. I’ll talk to you soon.”
The line went silent and Evelyn put the phone away. With her friend going into the hospital she knew there would be no more weekly phone calls. Fran had been her pen pal for over fifty years and it was now time to write the final letter.
JJ Ellis
JJ Ellis is first and foremost a mom to five kids, four girls and one boy, ranging in age from 4-20. After that, she is a physically limited wife, blogger and now an author. She holds a degree in Communication Studies (Public Relations) from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas but never thought she would chose writing as a career, especially at the age of 42. She once wanted to be a publicist in the entertainment industry, but never a writer. Then one day when she was in her mid thirties she was going through what can only be described as an early 'midlife crisis' and ideas just started to come to her and she felt compelled to write them down. She finished her first book relatively quickly, but life got in the way and it took her eight years to revisit it and then publish her first novel. She can honestly say that now she is finally right where she wants to be.
JJ has been married to her college sweetheart (and romance novel hero) for twenty-one years and they reside in Casper, WY with their kids and one crazy mutt named Kreuger. She enjoys reading, writing, blogging, computing, and graphic design. She will try anything that will allow her creativity to be released. 
TA Ellis

TA Ellis is married to best selling romance Author JJ Ellis and is the father to five kids, four girls and one boy, ranging in age from 4-20. He holds a degree in Secondary Education from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and has flirted with the idea of writing for years. He however did not expect to be writing romance as Sci-fi/horror/fantasy are more to his liking. But as a sounding board for his wife, he realized he had some good ideas and the team of JJ & TA Ellis was born.
TA lives in Casper, WY with his wife and kids and one crazy mutt named Kreuger. He enjoys reading, video games and grilling. He is excited to embark on this romance journey...after all, he's been happily married for twenty-one years.

MoBPromo

No comments:

Post a Comment