Sunday 13 December 2015

Welcom To The Cinderella Countdown ~ Second Chance Cinderella By Sharon Kleve

Welcome to the Cinderella Countdown!
At the stroke of midnight New Year's Eve, The Glass Slipper Sisters will present their new book, Cinderella Treasure Trove.
Fifteen romance authors have served up delicious samples of their modern Cinderella-themed stories, along with a feast of tasty treats and glitzy party ideas.
Second Chance Cinderella By Sharon Kleve 
Genre: contemporary romance
Second Chance Cinderella is story three in the new romance series, Cinderella Body Club. A timeless Cinderella story reimagined where four girlfriends make a wish on a magic locket. They all wish they are beautiful, confident, and able find their Prince Charming. 
Raven St. James is a Phlebotomist in a prominent Portland, Oregon hospital. She is petite, with jet-back hair, green eyes, and extremely shy. She dreams of being like the nurses on the daytime hospital shows—perfect. Tall, blond, blue eyed, with big breasts. 
Dr. Quinn Taylor admires Raven’s skill, and the caring she shows with her patients, but can’t get her attention. Until the day she winks at him. 
Raven only has 24 hours in her Cinderella body. What will she do with it? Will she become the confident, strong, flirty girl she wants to be? Will she get the guy she’s always wanted? Quinn.
My cat, Molly is my alarm clock. At 6:00 a.m. every morning she climbs from the foot of my bed and wraps herself around the top of my head and her engine starts. She doesn’t care if it’s my day off or not. I found Molly, a twenty pound cat, at a local shelter. Her mismatched eyes, one green-one blue immediately stole my heart. 
I stretched, dislodging Molly. She jumped down, anticipating her morning meal of salmon delight. The wood floor in my small, one bedroom condo felt cold on the bottom of my feet. I threw on a pair of old sweats, a cotton pull-over, and slid my feet into my fleece slippers. 
My coffee pot brewed two cups every morning right before I got up. What a great invention. Molly got her kibble and I got my much needed caffeine. 
After two cups of coffee and a slice of wheat bread slathered with peanut butter, I shuffled into the bathroom. Still a little sleepy from all the wine the night before, I grabbed a comb and it easily slid through my normally tangled hair. That snapped my head around and I peered into my mirror at my now lighter silky locks. Oh, my God. A sexy body, from one of the nurses from a daytime show stared back at me. Beautiful, but with my green eyes and my small nose. I pulled the neckline of my sweatshirt out and peaked at my slightly rounder, fuller new chest. My once nonexistent rear end, seemed to be perkier. It sort of worked. I giggled and danced around.
Before I could completely look over the changes I heard my cell ring from the living room. I ran to the phone and picked up. “Hello?”
“Have you seen yourself?” Cami shouted, excitement ringing her words.
“Yes. Yes. Can you believe it worked?” I checked one more time to make sure my breasts were still larger and firm by jiggling up and down. “Did you get what you asked for too?”
“We all did. I called everyone when I got up. I can’t believe it, my scar is gone.”
“Oh, Cami. This is all so strange.” I ran back to the bathroom and admired my shiny hair and fuller body. “I’ not sure what to do.”
“Have fun.” Cami laughed.
I laughed too. 
“Get dressed. We’re going to meet at the coffee shop over the Canal Bridge on Pacific and Twentieth. We might be a little late for work, but who cares? We only have twenty-four hours and we need a plan,” Cami said.
“I’ll be there, but you might not recognize me,” I teased.
“We’re the same on the inside just a little better on the outside. See you soon.”
I hurried and got dressed in a black sweater, cotton pants, and grabbed my hospital uniform. If I didn’t stay long I wouldn’t be late for work. I couldn’t wait for Quinn to see the new and improved me.
Maybe Cinderella gets a second chance after all.
Interested in helping with the release tour for the Cinderella Treasure Trove tour (January 1-7, 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment